Thursday, March 29, 2012

Writer by Morning

I would love to have more time to write. I have so many ideas to pour onto digital paper but am limited to when I can do it.

I worked out a schedule for myself that seems to be going well. I find that I am more in tune with my work in the morning. So Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays I've reserved time between 5am and 6:30am to work on stuff (would be later, but any later would make me late for my paying job). Mondays and Fridays are reserved for keeping fit. Weekends are when I get the most done...start at 6am and write until the kids wake up around 8:30am.

I love hanging out with my wife and kids, which is why I try to do the most writing while they are asleep. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and maybe one day I can write to pay the bills. Until then...I"m trying hard to stick to the schedule. 

In addition, I'm hell-bent on finishing A Game of Thrones novel. It's a really good book, and I want to watch the series...something I refuse to do until I finish the book.

This morning, I got close to finishing the third chapter from the POV of Durwin Maggaster, a secondary but important character in my novel. I finished the novel as far as it goes with the main character months ago. The Durwin chapters aren't too many...maybe 5 or 6 in total...but I really need to focus on them now, so I can consider my first draft DONE instead of done. 

I also want to work on the second draft of my next short story, "A Taste", but the schedule doesn't leave room for that at the moment. Oh well...there's always tomorrow morning...that is if I skip "getting-fit-Friday" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment