Saturday, September 22, 2012

September Updates

Just as the grass is coming into fruition, so are my writing projects! I am proud to say that I have unofficially completed the 1st draft of "The Sorcerer's Paragon"! WOO HOO! I say unofficial because I know there are a few chapters that need to be added. The 2nd draft phase, unfortunately, won't simply consist of spelling corrections and word-choice revisions like I thought, but chapter additions/rewrites, character additions/coloring, etc. There is still a lot of work to be done, but it is moving along at a reasonable pace.

I haven't started the 2nd draft of "A Taste", my second short story, like I promised I would. My intention was to start the 2nd draft after completing the 1st draft of my novel. The reality is is that I'm having way too much fun working on the novel. I like the direction "A Taste" is going, and I'm sure I'll pick it up again soon...just not yet.

"The Death Bump" is no longer available on the online version of Allegory Magazine (sad face), since their Fall issue is now available. If you want to get "The Death Bump" from there, it still can be retrieved in print form via their archives. I think there's a small charge for it. Now I am wondering what to do with that short story. I guess my options are to display it freely for all to see (like it was on Allegory's site) or try to shop it around some more. For now, I think I'm going to keep it to myself until I get more accomplished with my other projects. But if anyone would like to read it again or for the first time, please let me know, and I will gladly ship it your way!

Thanks for reading!

-- Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment