Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Why, Hello There!

Damn, it's been quite some time since I've posted. As promised, I'm bad with keeping a regular schedule, especially when there's not much new going on with my writing. I'm still writing every day, usually in the morning before I go to work. I'm still working on the same novel I've been writing for quite some time.

Unfortunately, I had a little setback with the WIP, a story that I'm calling "Walk a Web of Spiders". I was hoping to have the third draft done by now. If you've been playing along, you'll say, "Hey...weren't you working on something called 'Air'?" Yeah well...I was...I am. The set back was that I got about halfway through with the third draft of my WIP, and realized that I wasn't happy with the direction it was going. The first half was fine, but the main plot really started kicking in during the second half, and that (I think) had the potential to sink the whole damn thing. Therefore, I pretty much scrapped the main plot and started rewriting the second part from scratch. Luckily, it didn't impact the first part much at all. So all of you beta readers who read the first part of "Air", you'll be happy (I hope) to hear that what you read won't change (except for the feedback I'll incorporate). So currently, I'm about 3/4 of the way done with the story's 2nd half, which... if my math is right, is ... ah nevermind.

One thing I've been having a lot of fun with is Google Plus's #SaturdayScenes, a community started by +John Ward where writers can share their work with fellow writers and get very useful feedback. This feedback has been so helpful with my writing. Case in point, I've been sharing the aforementioned WIP scene by scene over the past few months, and the community members really seemed to respond well to one of the subplots... So well, in fact, that it made me rethink (and eventually rewrite) the rest of the story.

As I said, the first half of the story won't change too much, except for the normal progression through the revision process. That part of the story I'm comfortable calling the '3rd draft'. I'm going to periodically post scenes to Wattpad. Feedback is always welcomed and appreciated!

That's about it. I'll try to keep up with the blog more, but again... no promises.

Thanks for reading!

-- Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment