Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Updates...it has been awhile!

I apologize for my two-month-long disappearing act, but be assured that I have been dutifully chipping away at my novel, page by page, since my last update. I'm happy if I get a page written per morning during the week; on the weekends I aim for two or three. In between those thin slices of writing times, there's the day job, other obligations, etc., etc., etc.

I am glad to say that since my last update (the one about my scorched lawn), not only has my grass revitalized significantly, but the pages of my novel have, just as slowly, piled into chapters. I am about two chapters from completing the secondary character's POV...which means I'm two chapters from completing the first draft of "The Sorcerer's Paragon"! Then it's on to the tons of necessary revisions...but hey...one small victory at a time.

I have been pouring my "writing" time into the novel; so I have no updates to report for my next short story, "A Taste", or the research I was doing for my next longer writing project. I have a few ideas for more short stories too. I've jotted them down for safe-keeping but refuse to do more with them until I make headway with my current projects. "The Death Bump" is still online, available in the Spring/Summer issue of Allegory E-zine. Please check it out and let me know what you think if you haven't already. Also, please become a member of my blog. I plan on plastering some of my work here soon, but I want to make it available to those who would actually want to read it. I think I can limit those snippets to members in that regard.

As far as my reading goes, I am nearing the end of "A Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin. It has a great central story line that is told through the eyes of the various members of the Stark family. Each character not only does his/her duty to add vivid color to the overall plot line but spins deep, interesting side-stories of their own as well. I have the next book in Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, "A Clash of Kings", but I may switch back to something a little lighter before I take that one on. I am a big Stephen King fan. "Roadwork" is one of his older novels that I haven't read yet. I may pick that up next.

Thanks for reading!

-- Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment