Sunday, February 24, 2013

Status of Things

Good evening all!

Even though the better part of my week (nights and weekend included) was claimed by ongoing IT-related projects, I still managed to decently chip away at my writing projects as well.

Critiques for my latest short story, "A Taste", have been coming in over the past two weeks, thanks to my amazing beta-readers. Over the last week, I've gathered and summed their critiques and fixed a lot of things that both the readers and I thought were lacking in the story. Yesterday and today, I put a few more rounds of polish on it. There isn't much more to do before I start submitting "A Taste" to different publications. I'm really excited about this story.

Though I love my first published short story, "The Death Bump", I can easily see how much my writing skills have improved since then. One beta-reader actually said that certain parts of "A Taste" made her 'shudder'. It's awesome to hear something like that.

Speaking of "The Death Bump", I'm thrilled to announce that it has been added to www.barnesandnoble.com. If you haven't already, please download it, read it and tell me what you think. It's free!

Lastly, with my short story nearly completed, I went back to the second draft of "The Sorcerer's Paragon". Currently editing chapter 5 of 34, I know that I have a long way to go, but I am at a good place and hope to have more to report on it soon.

One more thing: if you would be interested in being a beta-reader, please let me know. I'd be grateful for your help!

Thanks for reading!

-- Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment