Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Unabandoned Blog

Finally, finally, finally I am in the home stretch of my work project! For those who don't know, I work as a Systems Engineer at a pretty tech-savvy company, and I spent the last three months implementing a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solution. It has been a great experience, but it killed all hopes of getting any serious writing done. Even when I had a sliver of time to put pen to paper, my mind couldn't fly free. It was tethered to the set-in-stone due date of my VDI project.

 But now the work project is on the ropes. I was able to get back in the groove of writing this past weekend and am proud to report that I hammered out over 3,000 words of new content and kneaded in another chapter of existing material (a lot for me given that I only write before the kids wake up).

I also got brave and finally decided to cut a secondary character's point of view from my story. Hell, it was his own fault, he stopped talking to me well before I was done with him. Though I know it made the story better, it's going to take a lot of work to fill in the gaps. But that's okay because I feel like I'm finally back in the thick of things.

In addition to getting back to my story, I'm also dusting off my blog (poor thing's been attention-starved for quite some time) and starting the outline of my second novel that I plan to conquer during November's NaNoWriMo. The novel will be the second in a series of four or five.

Finally, to give you an update on my latest short story, A Taste: it's still looking for a home. I sent it out to about 8 different markets so far and got the 'thanks but no thanks' from most of them, though there are a couple that haven't responded yet. I'll push that story a little harder this month too.

I'm really going to make an effort to update my blog weekly and my other social media accounts even more. This dingy, lonely place will be sparkling again...well...relatively speaking.

So here we go!

Thanks for reading and for sticking around!


--Tim


No comments:

Post a Comment